Buswha Private Game Lodge is located in a privately owned, fenced game reserve within the Greater Waterberg Biosphere (UNESCO SITE) in the Limpopo Province, and in close proximity to Nylsvley (RAMSAR site). It is an easy self-drive journey, with the closest town being Vaalwater and the closest major international airport being O.R Tambo. The Limpopo Province is home to approximately 70% of the Kruger National Park.
There are toll gates en route, so be aware that you will need to pay road tolls. The estimated drive to Bushwa Game Lodge is between 2 – 3 hours.
Please take into consideration that a high ground clearance vehicle is recommended for driving on the the farm roads.
- From the O.R Tambo International Airport, take the R21 in the direction of Pretoria. Continue for approximately 33km and take the the N1 North towards Polokwane.
- At the 3rd toll gate (Kranskop) take the Modimolle/Nylstroom turn-off to your left (R33).
- Pass through the town of Modimolle/Nylstroom and continue for 60km towards Vaalwater.
- Once in Vaalwater, turn right at the 4-way stop onto the D972 Melkrivier Road.
- After 10km turn left on the Waterval dirt road(D2745).
- Continue 3.3km and turn right at 1st Bushwa Game Lodge Sign.
- After passing through 2 security gates (codes to be provided) you will arrive at Bushwa Lodge after 4 km.